Best Scrubs for men
Scrubs are the sanitary clothing worn by people in the medical fields like surgeons and nurses. Scrubs are very essential and most of the time compulsory, especially in operating rooms. During surgery, all personnel present in the operating room must wear scrubs. Doctors wear a white coat over the scrub in general. Nowadays scrub clothing includes a short-sleeve shirt and pants. They are mainly of one solid color with matching top and bottom. Designed and patterned scrubs are also available. Scrubs are very essential and necessary as they promote a clean environment. Other clothing may introduce unwanted pathogens in a sterilized environment. Scrubs must be comfortable as well as functional. Here we will discuss some important things about scrubs. To make your buying process a bit easier, we will also provide a list of some of the best scrubs for men that are doing well in the market at present.
Types of scrubs:
Before going deep, let us first understand the various types of scrubs manufactured and their features. This will help you to decide the type of scrub you want for yourself. Here are a few varieties of scrubs that are readily available in the market:
Surgical scrubs: They are the most common type of scrubs. The striking feature of this type of scrub is that they can be easily disposed of. They are made in such a way because of their extreme exposure to body wastes, other fluids, and certain chemicals. They are extremely lightweight and tend to be loose, allowing a lot of comfort and freedom to the surgeons. But while buying one, you must be careful not to purchase an excessive loose scrub. They are easy to wear and remove. So, a surgical assistant or the surgeon himself can easily change into a fresh scrub during a surgical procedure.
Medical Scrubs: These are mainly worn by medical and healthcare professionals in various workplaces. They are also called non-surgical scrubs and are usually not disposable. Not only healthcare workers but other support staff also wear it. Most of the medical units use it as a uniform or color-coding system. This mean, specific colors are assigned to different units like delivery, emergency room, etc.
Types of scrub pants:
There are various types of scrub pants available in the market. Here are a few varieties available:
Jogger pants: They have a contemporary design that suits men with a physically toned body. They contour your body and fits perfectly, allowing you to move freely the entire day. These pants will not split or restrict your movement because of the material it is made of. Generally, it is either elastane or spandex. It also makes you look stylish.
Cargo pants: They are popular in the medical and healthcare units for their overall functionality. It contains several pockets along the legs. These pockets are enough to keep all your necessary items, tools, and equipment. They provide ample room to keep your things close to yourself. Thus, you get easy access to your belongings.
Standard pants: Sometimes you need a replacement to your actual pant because it is either damaged or stained. In such cases, the standard pants come to your rescue. If you do a lot of strenuous activities and face many rough and tough situations in your workplace, then the standard scrub pants are the ideal choice for you. It is because they are very cheap. But it lacks extreme functionality and the form-fit.
So, while buying your scrubs, remember your workplace requirements, your demands, comfort, and the function you need. This will not only help you to minimize your options but will also help to buy the right one for you.
Things to consider when purchasing scrubs:
Scrubs are extremely important for anyone who works in the medical field. They need to fit properly, provide adequate comfort, and function. To buy the right and suitable scrub, you need to consider certain things while purchasing it. Let’s discuss those things in detail.
The material of the Scrub: Scrubs are made of different kinds of materials like cotton and polyester blends. The use of certain materials depends on the brand. Cotton is the most common material used. It is quite popular because of its overall comfort and breathability. But it is not as durable as polyester or synthetic blends. A blend of natural and synthetic materials is preferred by many people. The material of the scrub is the main thing about a scrub that provides comfort, fit, and breathability. So, don’t forget to check the material and choose what is best for you.
Proper fit: Your scrub must fit you properly. We will suggest- ‘Always go for the right fit from the start’. Buying larger scrub can hinder your performance. The extra cloth can interfere with your duties and cause problems and discomfort. Your scrubs must be stretchy enough to let you do your job easily and efficiently.
The function of the scrub: The functionality of a men’s scrub is another important feature to check before buying one. The number of pockets present in a scrub is an important factor to look for. The top part should have a chest pocket and pant must have at least two pockets. More pockets will be a plus point.
Wear only men’s scrubs: We know that men and women are physiologically and physically different. Men have broader shoulders and narrower hips than women. So, men must wear only men’s scrubs. Although all scrubs, either for men or women look alike, they fit differently. Now we have many unisex scrubs options too that fit perfectly for both men and women.
Style and appearance: After comfort and function comes your style and appearance. You can wear multi-colored or patterned scrubs (if allowed by your workplace) for a more unique look. Various solid colors are also present to pick from. But always remember that your style should not compromise with the scrub’s comfort and function.
Some of the best scrubs for men:
Most of the medical personnel need to wear a scrub throughout the day. So, scrubs must be able to provide enough comfort without compromising its function. There are various types of scrubs available in the market. Buying the perfect scrub for you is not easy. But to minimize your options and save your time, we will now review our picks for the top scrubs for men.
Figs Leon Scrub Top for men:
It is a fully functional scrub, designed to meet your workplace demands. It comes with a modern, tailored fit with double-needle stitching to give you a professional appearance. For enhancing your comfort, it consists of a 4-way stretch fabric. This scrub has anti-wrinkle technology to keep your scrub wrinkle-free all day long. The moisture-wicking technology of this scrub helps to keep you comfortable, fresh, and dry even during long shifts. The length of the top allows you to wear it tucked or untucked. It features two non-sagging pockets.
- It gives you a professional appearance.
- Presence of two pockets that don’t sag.
- It lasts very long. It provides a comfortable and soft fit because of its four-way stretch fabric.
- It features anti-wrinkle and anti-moisture technology.
- It is quite expensive than the other products of the same category.
Dress A Med Men’s Classic Scrubs 2-piece Set:
It is one of the best scrubs for men that is lightweight and super comfortable. It has a masculine style. It features double stitching to prevent falling apart of cloth materials after repeated washing and wearing. It has a total of six pockets. The scrub material has a blend of cotton and polyester. It comes with an anti-wrinkle and liquid repellant feature. The top has a standard V-neck with one chest pocket and a pen slot. This scrub is roomy but doesn’t look loose or slouchy. This extra room improves mobility during long shifts in a fast-paced work environment. Another striking feature of this scrub is that it is pre-shrunk. Moreover, it comes with a color-lock guarantee, that is, the color of the material doesn’t fade after several washes.
- It is lightweight, comfortable, and durable.
- It provides a combination of style and functionality.
- It is wrinkle-free and has a liquid repellant features.
- Even after hundreds of washes, the color doesn’t fade.
- It comes with six pockets.
- It is pre-shrunk.
- The pant fits too loosely for some wearers. One has to size it accordingly.
Blue Label James 2223 Men’s Scrub:
It is specially designed to provide a well-balanced and proper fit. It gives a professional and stylish appearance to the wearer. It features extreme functionality and durability. The material comprises mainly of polyester to provide a free range of motions. The moisture-wicking properties of the scrub help to keep you fresh and sweat-free even during long shifts. The scrub can be easily machine washed without the fear of color-fading or shrinking. The scrub gives you a wrinkle-free look all day long. The top has one chest pocket with a pen slot and slits for easy access to your things. It also has a comfortable V-neck. The sleeves are roomy. This scrub can be worn for a very long time.
- It comes with moisture-wicking properties to keep you clean, fresh, and sweat-free throughout the day.
- The material can be easily machine-washed and maintained.
- It is stretchy and roomy.
- The chest pocket has a pen slot and slits to grant you easy access to your belongings.
- The material is accountable for stretching after continuous use.
Landau Unisex V-neck Scrub:
This brand is one of the most popular and experienced brands for producing men and women’s scrubs. Their unisex scrubs have a V-neck style that looks good in any medical environment. The scrub’s material comprises a blend of 35% cotton and 65% polyester that perfectly fits both male and female medical personnel and provides absolute comfort. The fabric blend can be washed in a machine without any fear of damaging the material. The side vents and drop tail helps the user to create a full range of motion. It features Dolman sleeves. The chest pocket has a pen division. Landau scales their sizes proportionately. So, each scrub top and bottom fit perfectly. It comes with various color options and designs. They also produce printed scrubs which are indeed very cool.
- The material has a blend of polyester and cotton to fit perfectly and provide optimum comfort.
- The side vents and drop tail allows the user to create a full range of motion.
- The top has a chest pocket with a pen division.
- They are available in a variety of colors, patterns, and designs.
- They are unisex.
- The sizes are proportionate and fit properly to the body.
- They are durable.
- Sizes for men run a bit large.
Carhartt Men’s Ripstop Multi-Pocket Scrub top:
It is durable and tough. It can stand up to a lot of physical activity without sacrificing comfort. The top has a V-neck design and a chest pocket with an angled pen slot. The reinforced stitching of Carhartt enhances its durability. To provide maximum softness, the reinforced threads are lightly sanded on the inside. It is a unique and striking feature of scrubs developed by this brand. A bi-swing is present at the rear part of the top, including at hip and shoulder areas and the side vents provide additional comfort. The scrub fits properly and also allow an easy movement. The scrub material comprises of 55% cotton and 45% polyester to provide adequate comfort and durability. It is machine washable. The top features tag-less labels to avoid irritation and scratchiness caused by the standard labels.
- It is extremely durable and lasts a long time.
- The blend of cotton and polyester provides adequate comfort.
- It fits perfectly.
- The top features tag-less labels.
- The bi-swing and side vents provide additional comfort.
- On the inside, the reinforced threads are lightly sanded.
- The chest pocket has an angled pen slot.
- It is quite expensive.
KraftedCut Cincy Scrub:
It is designed to fit all your body parts perfectly. It provides a balanced combination of style, qualities, and comfort. It has a trendy and modern design. The slim fit top is stretchy and provides a free and wide range of motion. The wrinkle-resistant properties help to maintain a proper look throughout the day. The raised V-neck top has one chest pocket and two other extra pockets to store your essentials. The moisture-wicking technology keeps you sweat-free and fresh even in warm and humid days. The scrub’s material comprises a premium weaved polyester blend to provide you an ultra-soft feel on your body.
- The two-way stretch feature allows you to move freely.
- It features moisture-wicking properties.
- Presence of many pockets to store your items.
- The premium weaved polyester blend of this scrub provides an ultra-soft feel on your body.
- The scrub material attracts a large amount of lint and dirt.
Adar Addition Scrub:
It provides a stylish yet professional look to the wearer. The top and cargo pants are designed to provide optimum comfort and functionality. The scrub’s material consists of four-way plain weave fabric with multi-stretch properties. This allows the user to move freely without any restrains. The material is extremely lightweight and drapes gently on the skin. It also features anti-microbial properties to keep you fresh and odor-free. It is also wrinkle-resistant and has moisture-wicking properties to keep you sweat-free. The side vents of the top allow easy movement. There are two pockets on the top which are angled. The bottom has two stash and two back pockets to provide ample storage space. The flat front waistband of the pants has a drawstring to fit perfectly.
- It has an anti-microbial and wrinkle-resistant features.
- The material is stretchy and allows free movement.
- It has odor-resistant and moisture-wicking properties to keep you fresh, sweat-free, and odor-free all day long.
- Presence of several pockets.
- It provides adequate comfort and is extremely lightweight.
- It lacks a chest pocket.
WonderWink Alpha Scrub:
It features a unisex shirt that is designed to give you a calm and professional appearance. It comes in various sizes to fit all body types without being baggy. The chest area of the top has a unique three-pocket style design. The pockets are layered one over the other. The pockets are extremely roomy and can hold much personal stuff. The material is a blend of polyester and a small percentage of cotton which contours the body perfectly. It allows a few ranges of movements. On the chest pocket, a bungee loop is present to hold your I.D. card. It is machine-washable and doesn’t lose color after frequent use and wash.
- The material contours the body perfectly and allows free movement of the wearer.
- It can be easily washed in a machine.
- Presence of roomy layered pockets.
- The color is not lost after frequent use and wash.
- The shirt is unisex.
- Even after continuous use, the fabric remains stiff.
Dagacci Unisex Scrubs:
It is one of the best affordable scrubs for men. But the best thing is that, Dagacci doesn’t sacrifice regarding their quality and function for its low price. The material of the scrub has a blend of 50% cotton and 50% polyester to provide the user with optimum comfort. The top has a V-neck with two patch pockets and one chest pocket. The chest pocket has a reinforced pen slot. The straight-leg styled cargo pants have a mixture of both elastic and drawstring waistband. So, one doesn’t have to worry about his pants sliding off during running or walking. The pants also have five pockets to provide you plenty of storage space.
- They are unisex.
- They are extremely affordable.
- The top has 3 pockets and pants has total of 5 pockets.
- The material has a balanced blend of cotton and polyester to provide absolute comfort.
- They are available in 24 colors.
- The waistband has both elastic and drawstring feature.
- The range of motion offered by this scrub is not at all impressive.
Barco 0107 Scrub:
It is a stylish-looking scrub designed to provide optimum functionality. It provides a combination of quality, style, and comfort. It features a high-low hem. The top has a classic high V-neckline and side vents. The ArcDry fabric of the scrub features a blend of polyester and rayon to provide adequate comfort even in warm weather. It also has moisture-wicking features to keep you fresh and sweat-free all day long. The chest pocket has several compartments and a contrast loop. Two extra pockets are also present with pen slots to keep your things safe and close to you.
- It features moisture-wicking properties to keep you sweat-free and fresh throughout the day.
- It provides adequate comfort.
- Several pockets with pen slots are present.
- It provides a combination of style and comfort.
- After a few months, the seams begin to fall apart. The stitches are weak.
Reasons to wear a scrub:
Almost every health centers and hospitals have made it mandatory for their medical workers to wear scrubs. But why?
Actually, there are various reasons to make it compulsory. Let’s dig deep into it.
- Identify potential contaminants: It is easy to identify contaminants when you are wearing a scrub, especially if you are wearing a solid color scrub. Chemical spills, bodily wastes like blood, urine, stool, vomit, or other fluids are common in medical facilities.
- Comfortable: Scrubs are extremely comfortable than your regular clothes. Most of them come with moisture-wicking and anti-odor technology to keep you fresh and odor-free throughout the day. Even on hot and humid days, you remain fresh as a flower.
- Offers excellent functionality: Scrubs offer many pockets spaces to store essentials. So, the doctors, nurses, and other medical practitioners can easily keep their equipment and carry their tools. This type of functionality is not offered by our regular clothing. Your regular clothes don’t allow you to carry many items together.
- Scrubs are super clean: As compared to our regular clothes, scrubs are extremely clean. You know why? The secret is that most of the hospitals and other healthcare facilities clean the scrubs at high-temperature machines, using special cleaning chemicals. Our regular clothes cannot face these harsh cleaning procedures. But the scrubs are designed to stand up to these cleaning procedures. So, the scrubs undergo a thorough cleaning that removes all contaminants. This also helps to reduce germs transmission from one person to another.
- Helps to identify you: Scrubs act as a uniform. Uniform gives identification and develops a feeling of unity. Wearing a scrub helps the patient and co-workers to identify the medical personnel, doctors, and nurses. It also gives one a professional appearance.
- Scrubs are cheaper than regular clothes: Another advantage of scrubs is the fact that they are actually more affordable than our regular clothes. Moreover, they are disposable. They can undergo harsh cleaning without any damage and can be worn for a long time.
- Promotes easy access to your items: Due to the presence of several pockets, you get easy access to your belongings. Moreover, these pockets help you to store your things in order and close to you. You can securely and conveniently carry your tools and equipment with you like scissors, gloves, swabs, notepads, etc, especially if you are a nurse or doctor.
How to maintain your scrub?
We know that surgical scrubs are disposable. But the medical scrubs need cleaning. There are two steps to keep your non-surgical or medical scrubs clean.
- Wash it daily: You must wash your scrubs regularly to clean and maintain them. Some precautions are to be followed while doing so. Wash the same colored scrubs together. Before washing, group them on the basis of their type and shades. This will prevent any damage to the one solid color of the scrub. Set your washer and dryer settings according to the advice provided by the manufacturer. This will help you to maintain your scrub for a very long time.
- Remove stains: The second step to keep your scrubs clean is by removing all the stains. Stained scrubs are very common in healthcare units and hospitals. Removing chemical stains are not easy. You will need a stain stick for that purpose. Use this stick to blot the stained part a little before washing it in the machine. This will help in easy removal of the stains.
- Drying properly: After washing your scrub, it is very important to allow it to dry properly. Avoiding or limiting the use of a machine dryer will increase the lifespan of your scrub. You must let it dry naturally.
A good scrub must be durable, functional, and comforting. They should be quick-drying too. For your knowledge, we have shared a lot of important things regarding scrubs for men. To minimize your options and save your valuable time, we have also shared a list of some of the best scrubs for men. We have prepared this list after considering the features, pros, and cons of all the scrubs available in the market. This will definitely help you to buy the right scrub for you. Hope this content was helpful to you. We would eagerly wait for your feedback on the same because your opinion really counts!