Best shoes for nurses 2020
Nursing is one of the noblest professions. Nurses devote their life to serving patients and helping the doctors. Their presence is important. With such a huge responsibility comes discipline and punctuality. A proper dress and shoe are a must for nurses. As they look after the patient’s health and comfortableness, it is important that they are also comfortable. The article with the help you to know the best shoes for nurses on feet all day.
Nurses are on their feet for hours. And improper shoes can cause pain, weirdness, self-awareness, and discomfort. For a nurse, it is very difficult to choose the right pair of comfortable shoes. Comfortable shoes do not only reduce stress but also helps one to focus on their work. Here we will discuss some points to remember while buying those shoes.
Purchasing a bad pair of shoes can be painful both literally and figuratively. We know that nursing shoes come in a variety of designs, shapes, and styles. Each shoe feels and functions differently. Thus, there is hundreds of option of nurse shoes available which makes the task of choosing the right one hectic and time-consuming. So, we will also provide a list of some of the best shoes for nurses describing their design and structure. This will guide you to choose the most suitable pair of shoes for you to buy.
Before you go in detail check out
List of the best shoes for nurses to wear with price
|Alegria Women’s Debra Slip-on|
|Nurse Mates Womens Dove|
|Skechers Women’s Loving Life Sneaker|
|Crocs Women’s Mercy Work Clog|
|Calzuro Autoclavable Clog|
|Dansko Women’s Professional Patent Clog|
|Cherokee Anywear Women’s Zone Clog|
|Timberland Pro Women’s Renova Slip-On|
|Skechers Worksure Track-Trickel Women’s Oxford|
|Dansko Women’s Pro XP Mule Shoe|
Some of the best shoes for nurses:
With so many options for nursing shoes available in the market, it is really difficult to buy the right one. To make your job easy, here we will discuss some of the best nursing shoes to provide you with some good options to pick from. Let’s begin!
1. Alegria Women’s Debra Slip-on:
It is a professional clog which is very comfortable. This designer clog comes with a stain-resistant leather coating and lab rated slip resistance. This clog is very popular among professional medical and has a number of great features that are designed to provide comfort while maintaining fashion. The synthetic sole functions as both a slip-resistant outsole which is light-weight as well as a protective shock-absorbing barrier. This shoe comes with 1.5” heel and 1” platform to provide stability, protect from slips and spills, and reduce forward movement energy expenditure. Each side of the clog has elastic goring fabric that makes slipping these clogs on and off easier. It is a nice choice for nurses who want to show off their personality as well as their individuality. It comes in several colors and designs.
Alegria Women’s Debra Slip-on
- These shoes are fashionable and provide comfort and extended use
- The exterior stain-resistant leather reduces wear and tear.
- The synthetic sole acts as both slip-resistant outsole and shock-absorbing barrier
- There is a memory foam footbed inside the clog to improve cushioning and support
- The insole is replaceable.
- Presence of a roomy toe box to increase toe-space and comfort
- Available in many fun colors and designs
- The shoe slips off easily while walking
- The patterns and designs fade after a few month’s use
2. Nurse Mates Women’s Dove:
It is a solid-colored, super light-weight loafer, designed to reduce fatigue while giving maximum protection. The stain-resistant full-grain leather upper finish prevents staining from certain chemicals, thus helps to maintain a long-lasting professional appearance. This loafer also features irreplaceable insole for cushioning and protection. The bottom of the loafer comes with rubber inserts and grips to avoid slipping. It features 1.5” heel which reduces forward resistance, thus adding to the stability of the nurse.
Nurse Mates Womens Dove
- This shoe provides comfort and stability as well as decrease fatigue
- The shoe material is light-weight
- The outsole bottom comes with anti-resistant accessories
- It comes in two matte colors- white and black. Several glossy finishes are also available
- The upper leather finish of the shoe prevents chemical stains and makes cleaning it much easier.
- It comes with an irreplaceable insole
3. Skechers Women’s Loving Life Memory Foam Fashion Sneaker:
It is a super comfortable sneaker made with memory foam materials like faux leather and breathable mesh fabric. This sneaker is great for nurses working in low hazard environment. The top and sides of the shoe are meshed to allow air to pass through the feet and keep them dry. The bungee laces aren’t too tight but keep the feet snug as they are slip-on sneakers.
It features an internal memory foam insole to give cushioning. The outsole is made of very lightweight and flexible rubber material which prevents slips and falls. The combination of being cushioning as well as light-weight and flexible makes it perfect for nurses who spend a lot of time on their feet. It comes in a variety of clean solid colors as well as fun multi-colored designs.
Women’s Loving Life Memory Foam Fashion Sneaker
- This sneaker is very breathable which is designed to contour the shape of your feet
- It provides comfort and coolness throughout the day
- The meshed top helps to keep the feet dry by allowing air to pass through
- The durable faux leather material and mesh fabric make walking effortless
- The bungee laces keep the feet snug
- The insole adds cushioning and the outsole prevents slipping
- It comes in a variety of colors
- This sneaker fails to provide overall protection for nurses working in high hazard environments.
4. Crocs Women’s Mercy Work Clog:
Croc is best at producing innovative and impressive footwear made of Croslite material for nurses. It is designed for work environments like surgical rooms and laboratories. This clog is comfortable as well as stylish and can fulfill most of the work-life demands.
The outsole of the clog is made of slip-resistant material. It features a heel-hugging back strap which allows in steady movement. It has a footbed which increases the arch support. It features tiny nubs around the feet which creates a massage-like feeling as one walks. They fit perfectly and don’t hurt your feet and back while standing for long hours wearing them.
Crocs Women’s Mercy Work Clog
- It is roomy, super comfortable regardless of how many hours you stand or walk wearing them as well as very stylish
- The outsole features slip-resistant material
- It is designed for environments like labs and surgical rooms
- The footbed present improves arch support
- Presence of tiny nubs to give you a massage-like feeling while walking.
- They are very protective and fit perfectly
- No such
5. Calzuro Autoclavable Clog with Upper Ventilation:
It is a good pair of clogs and the fit and traction is great. The arch support provided by these clogs is substantial. These clogs are made of plastic material which is very flexible and easy to clean. Some brilliant features of these shoes are stress absorption, flexibility, and upper ventilation.
It keeps your feet fresh and odor-free. It comes in a variety of colors to pick from. The interior of the shoe has plenty of room to wear socks. One can even insert her own clog liner if wanted or needed.
Calzuro Autoclavable Clog with Upper Ventilation
- The traction provided by this shoe is brilliant
- The arch support offered by these shoes is great and super comforting
- Made of flexible plastic material that is easy to clean
- It features upper ventilation which keeps the feet fresh and odor-free throughout the day
- Available in several colors
- Have plenty of room on the inside.
- A clog liner could be inserted if required
- It doesn’t support backward walking
6. Dansko Women’s Professional Patent Clog:
Are you searching for clogs that provide style, protection, as well as huge comfort and are suitable for healthcare professionals? Then your search ends here. It is one of the best shoes for nurses that offer a perfect and great balance between functionality, comfort, style, and protection.
This popular clog features an anti-fatigue rocker bottom which acts as shock-absorbent as well as helps to reduce physical fatigue by shifting your weight as you walk. It also has a built-in reinforced toe box that gives you additional support and protection. It comes with 2” heel at the bottom.
This heel helps in easy forward movement and a better balance. The inside of the clog has a memory foam footbed which provides the nurse with optimal comfort. It has a PU inner frame which reduces torque, thus giving more stability to the nurse walking them. It comes in a variety of colors and designs like blue flora, black lace patterns, psychedelic designs, solid white, and many more. Thus, you get several designs and styles to choose from.
Dansko Women’s Professional Patent Clog
- It features an anti-fatigue rocker bottom
- Presence of built-in reinforced toe box which provides support and protection
- The PU inner frame provides additional stability by reducing torque
- It comes in a variety of colors and designs to pick from
- The heel of this shoe is a bit high as compared to the other products discussed here
7. Cherokee Anywear Women’s Zone Clog:
Let’s check another clog from Cherokee which is a very popular brand among nursing and medical community. It is a well-designed clog that is made up of extremely flexible and light-weight compound materials. Do you work in environments prone to spills and splashes? Then this is the right pair for you! It has a solid construction and is wash-friendly.
To clean the clog, one has to dip it in warm or cold water without worrying about any damage to the material of the clog. It also gets dry very fast. It comes with an anatomical footbed to provide comfort and support along with a molded insole which is removable.
The rubber suctioned outsole reduces unwanted slipping on slippery or wet surfaces. The bottom features 1.75” heel to give an easy walking experience. The swivel strap is adjustable. So, the clog can be worn in either traditional manner or with the strap in the opposite position. Most of these clogs come in one solid color; however, a few options of patterned clogs are also available with a variety of scrub clothing for nurses who prefer a fun and unique look.
Cherokee Anywear Women’s Zone Clog
- It is easy to clean and maintain
- It is made of light-weight and flexible materials
- It comes in solid colors as well as in patterns with a variety of scrub clothing.
- The swivel strap can be adjusted according to one’s preference
- The outsole features a gripping slip-resistant construction
- Not much breathable.
8. Timberland Pro Women’s Renova Slip-On:
It is one of the best comfortable all-day shoes for nurses. It has a quality architecture design that provides shock absorption, thus giving back and leg support during long work sessions. Moreover, the easy slip-on feature allows putting on and off the clogs very easily.
It has a toe box for optimal toe positioning and minimal foot fatigue. The heel-to-toe rocker in this shoe improves traction while reducing forefoot pressure. It features 3m scotch guard protection which provides stain-resistance. So, there is less color damage! The interior material has moisture, temperature, and odor control technology to keep your feet cool and dry throughout your working session.
The bottom has a slip-resistant rubber outsole which protects against slick surfaces and spills. Another striking feature of this shoe is the bi-fit tri-density footbed to provide optimal arch support for improved stability and added comfort. It comes as an all-black look but a chestnut finish is also available if you prefer a different appearance.
Timberland Pro Women’s Renova Slip-On
- It has a quality architecture design with shock absorption to provide back and leg support
- It comes with 3m scotch guard protection to protect against staining
- The easy slip-on allows you in easy wearing and removing the shoes
- The heel-to-toe rocker improves traction
- It comes with an anatomical toe box
- The bottom features slip-resistant rubber outsole
- The inside has a bi-fit tri-density footbed
- The interior material comes with an odor, temperature, and moisture control technology
- They feel heavy wearing at first
- It lacks patterns and designs
9. Skechers Worksure Track-Trickel Women’s Oxford:
It is a comfortable and casual shoe that comes with sleek, smooth leather design. The shoe has a black finish perforated leather uppers to provide a cooling effect to your feet. It features a cushioned tongue that provides a secure and cozy guard to the front of the ankle and foot.
A convenient heel loop on the back prevents slipping the shoe. The laces help to adjust the shoe to your individual foot size and shape. The flexible and light-weight midsole offers shock absorption to protect the feet and joints. The bottom features a slip-resistant, electrical hazard safety rated outsole with rubber traction grooves to improve protection against certain hazards and slippery surfaces.
Skechers Worksure Track-Trickel Women’s Oxford
- The leather uppers have perforated panels to provide a cooling effect
- The cushioned tongue provides a cozy and secure guard to the foot and ankle
- The laces allow you to adjust the tightness of the shoe
- Has a removable memory foam insole
- Presence of a flexible and light-weight midsole.
- It lacks patterns and designs
10. Dansko Women’s Pro XP Mule Shoe:
Time for another Dansko shoe! It is a super clean leather shoe that comes in a variety of patters and styles like glossy and non-gloss finishes, textured, patterns, oil designs, and many more. It is specially designed for nurses who work for long sessions every day. It provides excellent arch support balancing with great comfort. A 1.5” heel is present at the bottom. This heel propels you forward while walking, thus preventing you to fall backward while standing still or lifting quite heavy things. It features an anti-fatigue rocker at the bottom which is combined with a slip-resistant outsole. The interior has a lot of features like a roomy toe-box, a counted heel construction for arch support, a memory foam footbed to provide cushioning and impact protection, a padded instep that improves and enhances the walking experience.
Dansko Women’s Pro XP Mule Shoe
- It comes in a variety of styles, patterns, and designs
- The heel prevents you from falling backward
- Presence of an anti-fatigue rocker bottom combined with a slip-resistant outsole
- Presence of a memory foam footbed, a padded instep, and a counted heel construction
- It also has a toe-box to provide comfort, stability, and support
- No such
Things to remember while buying the best shoes for nurses:
As a nurse, the right and comfortable shoes can make a huge difference in your professional life. They will help you to do your job efficiently and effectively, reduce your stress, prevent discomfort which may hinder your performance, and ultimately improve your health. But choosing the best shoes for you is not as easy as said. It can be daunting and time-consuming. But if you follow our simple tips, then this task can be ‘as easy as pie’. Here are some important things to remember while choosing the best nurse shoes.
Check the rules of your workplace:
Most health care centers and hospitals have guidelines about proper dress and shoes that the working staff should wear. Before you start your ‘choosing process’, it will always be better if you check the guidelines about the shoes that the nurses are supposed to be wearing in the workplace. These can include anything like the amount of foot that should be covered, the material of the shoe, color, etc. Some healthcare facility restricts the use of certain shoes by their employees based on their policy or safety concerns. So, check for restrictions in your workplace regarding shoes before investing upon one. This will not only help to cut down the options to a minimum but will also save you time.
Since you will be wearing your shoe daily for many hours, it will always be better to buy a light pair of shoes. Wearing heavy shoes means lifting the weight of shoes every time you lift your foot. Moreover, heavy or clunky shoes can cause discomfort, agitate you, or spoil your mood. All these can affect your ability to carry out your task and may reduce your performance. So, it is better to choose a pair of light-weight and strong shoes. If your job is at the desk, then you may get away with a heavy pair of shoes.
If you want to deliver your duties with convenience and ease, it is a must to wear comfortable shoes. Discomfort may cause irritability, hinder your performance, and reduce your workflow. Wearing uncomfortable shoes can affect your mood throughout the day. Along with shoes, it is always better to wear compression socks which will improve your blood flow and circulation. This will give you additional comfort.
Design and shape of the shoes:
As it is stated earlier, nursing shoes can come in a variety of, shapes, styles, and designs. These variations help to accommodate different types of feet with different medical conditions (if any). Each shoe has its own merits and demerits according to your feet, medical condition, and work surface. So, you must choose a pair of shoes according to your feet. You may also ask a podiatrist (foot doctor) what shoe is best for you according to your foot type (like, normal or high arched feet, flat feet). Some of the common types of shoes worn by nurses include clogs, crocs, athletic sneakers, tennis shoes, or running shoes.
Stability and support:
As nurses work long shifts, a good pair of shoes with support and stability is extremely important for health and comfort. Search for shoes that provide excellent ankle and back support and reduce back foot, and leg pain during work, otherwise, you will face back and leg issues in the future. Supportive shoes are very comfortable and they prevent back problems. Consider the heel height of the shoes and the material before choosing your nursing shoes.
It is one of the main factors to check before buying any nursing shoe. Spills and splashes are very natural and common in health care units and hospitals. Buy a shoe with TPU sole (a form of plastic used in footwear due to its strong, durable, and high-resistance nature). For added protection, you may buy shoe grips separately. But your nurse shoe itself must be highly slip-resistant without any additional anti-slip fits.
Every time your foot makes contact with the ground, a shock runs through your body. The harder the floor, the firmer is the contact and shock. These shocks can cause pain to your knees, joints, and spine. So, look for a shoe which includes shock-absorbent technologies and has cushion against this impact like air cushioning.
Always go for the right fit from the very beginning. Too loose or too tight shoes can result in agony after those long hours of walking, standing, and working in them. Choosing the right fit is not always about the size of the shoes but also its shape and design. Choose wisely before you buy it!
Check for inner soles:
Check for nursing shoes which comes with replaceable inner soles. Inner soles provide extra comfort as well as provide orthopedic support. An inner sole also helps to reduce odor and absorb moisture.
If you are working in an environment that is exposed to sharp and heavy objects, then it is necessary for you to buy nurse shoes that have steel or aluminum toe-caps. This built-in shield will provide adequate protection and they don’t make the shoe heavy.
Your work function:
The type of job you are supposed to do as a nurse should be taken into consideration before buying your shoes. Certain factors like whether you are standing or seating throughout the day, are you lifting heavy objects, any medical conditions, etc can affect your shoe type. Some nurses are seen to bring two different types of nursing shoes to work. Depending on the activity they are performing, they switch between the two pairs of shoes.
Price is an important factor to check before buying your nurse’s shoes. Don’t go for the brand name! Some shoes are very expensive irrespective of their material, style, and design just because of its brand name. Some high priced shoes may offer some extra benefits but before choosing it, be sure that those features fulfill your needs and requirements. Buy quality shoes! A pair of high-quality shoes can actually be cheaper than two low-quality shoes.
It also can affect your nurse’s shoe purchase. Some nursing shoes offer you a limited period warranty or satisfaction guarantee. It will help you to return, replace or refund your nursing shoes if they fail to suffice your needs, cause discomfort, or come out disputed. So, don’t forget to check for warranties before buying your right pair of shoes.
The list of some of the best shoes for nurses is given above. We have made this list after reviewing and checking all the popular nurse shoes which are doing really well in the market at present. We have also considered their features while making this list. Along with this list, if you remember the things that we discussed to keep in mind, then choosing the ideal nurse shoes will be a ‘piece of cake’. Hope this list and tips will be useful to you! Do let us know about it in the comment section below.
You can check out other contents on our website to pick the right equipment and accessories for nurses.