- No stethoscope in the set: stethoscope is not included
- Keep track of your blood pressure: universal cuff (size 22-42cm) that is made of extra durable nylon, comfortable velcro strip that allows for easy one hand self measuring at home to balance your bp
- Get reliable results: equipped with a prestige metal air needle valve with a smooth pressure relief regulation and a large, easily readable number dial. Clinically tested and approved
- Take your blood pressure kit anywhere: neatly packed in carrying case that will keep your professional blood pressure cuff set intact during all your travels, this lightweight kit is handheld and portable
- Boasting a premium quality: zinc alloy body, a non stop manometer mechanism and an improved, supercharger check valve with reticulated filter that prevents dust from clogging the device!
- Measures blood pressure from 0mm to 300mm Hg
- Standard inflation system with two tube latex bladder
- Vinyl carry case
- Manometer has a 10 year calibration
- TRUSTED by Medical Providers since 1971 | Lifetime Calibration | Latex-Free | Adult Sized Cuff Included
- FAST & EASY to measure blood pressure in a medical setting, at home or on the road
- GAUGE: easy to read, extra-large high-contrast dial, stress-tested over 3,000 times, calibrated five times and certified 300 mmHg manometer attains accuracy of +/- 3 mmHg without pin stop.
- CUFF and CARRYING CASE: adult-sized cuff, high-molecular polymer nylon cuff and carrying case are abrasion and moisture resistant. Accurate arterial compression with artery indicator label and index range. Removable bladder for easy cuff cleaning.
- INFLATION: high-density non-stick, non-cracking inflation bulb and bladder. Equipped with screw-type valve for easy and precise deflation control.
- LATEX FREE BLOOD PRESSURE CUFF - Designed to fit adult arms between 10" and 16" in circumference. the PVC inflation bag utilizes two types of air release valves, a screw type & push type, for precise and rapid inflation. So convenient, it can be operated easily with a single finger or thumb. Made of a durable nylon that secures comfortably with a high quality Velcro strip.
- HIGH CONTRAST & EASY TO READ DIAL - The high contrast dial on the aluminum alloy manometer allows the use to easily read blood pressure measurements easily and accurately. The dial features a sturdy clip that attaches to clothing or belts when not in use.
- ADULT SIZED - Nylon cuff features a size range from 25.4cm to 40.6cm, ideally sized for adult use.
- DELUXE END VALVE
- ZIPPERED CARRYING CASE - Easily store and transport when not in use with a secured zippered carrying case.
- A Premium Choice: Greater Goods sphygmomanometer manual blood pressure machine is both clinically accurate and perfect for use at home: includes an extra-soft, comfortable cuff that’s easy to properly put on, align, fits almost all arm sizes, and reads within 3 mmHg. *Does not come with a stethoscope.
- The Bells And Whistles: By combining the latex-free bulb, air valve, and dial into a single piece, almost all inconveniences typically associated with sphygmomanometer use have been eliminated. Use it with one hand—accurately and easily. The best choice for manual blood pressure readings on a patient or yourself.
- Simple And Intuitive: Easy-to-read, easy-to-use manual bp cuff, featuring an aesthetically pleasing dial with large numbers, color-coded to highlight the average healthy range; also comes with a nice, streamlined case for convenient storage and transportation.
- True Support: Our friendly team in St. Louis are industry experts at-the-ready to assist you with any questions that might arise about your sphygmomanometer. We take pride in our work and want you to have a great experience from beginning to end.
- Beyond A Purchase: Yes, we design and produce high functioning, versatile blood pressure tools, but we value the positive impact of a purchase, on a global level, as much as anything. That’s why we only partner with ethical factories and ensure a portion of every sale is given back to a charity that aligns with the nature of what you’ll be using.
- The OMRON Bronze Upper Arm Monitor stores 14 total blood pressure readings for 1 user.
- The OMRON Bronze monitor captures your readings and any irregular heartbeats and body movement during measurement.
- The OMRON Bronze monitor features One Touch Use and body movement detection to help ensure easy use and accurate readings.
- The Bronze cuff fits all large and standard adult upper arms 9” to 17” in circumference. This soft, wide-range D-ring cuff is designed for a more comfortable measurement.
- Backed with a 2- year warranty. OMRON stands behind the accuracy and quality of our products, and believes in the longevity of our blood pressure monitors. Registered with the FDA as a medical device.
- EASY TO READ – The high contrast dial on the aluminum alloy manometer allows the user to read blood pressure measurements easily and accurately. The dial features a sturdy clip that attaches to clothing or belts when not in use.
- ADULT SIZE CUFF – Nylon cuff features a size range from 25.4 cm to 40.6 cm. Ideally sized for adult use.
- LATEX-FREE – Made with allergic people in mind to avoid any unwanted irritation or allergic reaction so you can keep peace of mind.
- INSTRUCTION SHEET INCLUDED – Great for experts but also beginners who can easily learn how to use the equipment efficiently and correctly.
- ZIPPERED CARRYING CASE – It keeps your equipment safe and secure when not in use and makes it easy to transport.
- CERTIFIED ACCURATE BLOOD PRESSURE TRACKING: This blood pressure apparatus provides certified accurate readings on demand. Don't settle for a cheap, inaccurate blood pressure monitor. This machine is tested and proven accurate & reliable.
- UNIVERSAL SIZING FITS ALL ARMS: Our cuff fits all sizes of adult arms from small to extra large ( from 22cm to 42cm). It's the ideal manual blood pressure monitor for both at-home use & in professional settings. Cuff is easily applied with one hand.
- CHECK YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE ANYTIME: If you or your clients need regular blood pressure monitoring, you need a reliable & easy to use machine. This lightweight and portable blood pressure monitor comes with a carrying case so you can take it anywhere.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: This monitor has a prestige metal air needle valve for smooth pressure relief regulation, a zinc alloy body, a non-stop manometer mechanism and a supercharger check valve with reticulated filter to prevent dust buildup in the device.
- USER-FRIENDLY: Our blood pressure monitor is made with the user in mind. We chose durable hypoallergenic non-latex nylon for the cuff. And we gave it a large, easily readable number dial. It's easy to self-administer with one-hand cuff application.
- BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR – An aneroid sphygmomanometer is used by professional healthcare providers to manually measure and determine systolic and diastolic blood pressure in humans.
- 5 CUFF SYSTEM – Each kit comes with one of the following cuff sizes; infant, child, adult, large adult, and thigh. Ideal for those looking to treat a wide variety of differently sized individuals.
- EADY READINGS & LATEX-FREE PUMP – A clear and easy-to-read aneroid 0-300 mmHg gauge, attached to a high-quality pump, makes the readings super easy. The inflation bulb is latex-free and equipped with a standard air release valve.
- PORTABLE – The set comes with a zip-up carrying case that is designed to fold open to allow quick access to the different-sized cuffs. This design makes swapping cuffs simple, hassle-free and keeps cuffs organized and protected.
- MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS & HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS – Our BP monitor kit is ideal to use by nurses, doctors, EMTs, first responders, firefighters, medical students, or any other medical professionals.
- Latex free, Nylon cuff, Index and Range Markings, Artery indicator mark, Owner ID label, Gauge holder
- Standard inflation bulb and Air release valve, Matching 6"x9" nylon carrying case
- Cuff Range: 10" - 16" arm circumference
- Warranty: Five years with lifetime gauge calibration
A sphygmomanometer is an instrument used to measure arterial blood pressure. It includes two readings- systolic and diastolic. The systolic reading is the point where the first beat is heard through the stethoscope after the cuff starts to fill with air. The diastolic reading is the point where the last sound of the heartbeat disappears. The normal range of blood pressure in an adult is 120/80 (read 120 over 80). Several factors are responsible for high and low blood pressure like age, disease, etc. High or low blood pressure can cause many problems in health and even death. So, it is very important to keep an eye on your blood pressure. A sphygmomanometer helps you with that. You can either visit a doctor to check your blood pressure or can keep a sphygmomanometer in your house for emergencies. But with so many options of sphygmomanometers available in the market, it is quite difficult how to buy the right one in a pocket-friendly range. To help you with that we will discuss here some of the best sphygmomanometers available in the market at present. We will also discuss the types of sphygmomanometers and when to use them.
Parts of Sphygmomanometer:
A sphygmomanometer has six parts.
- Bulb: It is the rubber sphere that pumps air into the cuff when squeezed.
- Cuff: It is used to wrap around the patient’s arm. It contains the bladder. The blood pressure cuff helps to protect the bladder from any damage.
- Manometer: It is the main part of the sphygmomanometer. It measures the pressure in mmHg.
- Bladder: It is an inflatable bag which is located inside the cuff. It holds the pumped air. The inflated bladder then compresses and obstructs the artery to observe and track the blood flow through the arm during release.
- Valve: It controls the deflation of the cuff. It prevents air from leaving the bladder. When the screw is turned, the residual air from the cuff is released causing deflation.
- Tube: The air from the bulb reaches the bladder through it.
Types of Sphygmomanometer:
Different types of sphygmomanometers vary in terms of their operation, quality, and ability to provide results. Generally, there are three types of sphygmomanometers. Let’s discuss all three of them now.
- Mercury Sphygmomanometer: It is an old-fashioned sphygmomanometer. This instrument must be kept in an erect position and handled with care as it contains mercury. This type of sphygmomanometer is not much available in the market due to the potential risk and fatal effects of mercury spills.
- It can last for years.
- It doesn’t require any recalibration.
- It is the most accurate type of sphygmomanometer.
- It is bulky and thus difficult to carry.
- In case of accidents, mercury spills can cause serious health hazards.
- It is very expensive.
- Require trained professionals to operate it safely.
- Digital Sphygmomanometer: It is the latest type of sphygmomanometer which has grown quite a large popularity over the years. These are the perfect sphygmomanometers to be used at home or emergency purposes. They are not used by any professionals in the medical field.
- It is easy to use and provides accurate results.
- No training is required to be able to use it.
- It can be used in noisy environments also.
- No stethoscope is needed to measure blood pressure.
- It is a little bit expensive.
- It is bulky and a bit heavy.
- It runs either on electricity or batteries.
- The accuracy is not impressive.
- Aneroid Sphygmomanometer: It is the type of sphygmomanometer which do not need any fluid to function. This instrument has a cuff with which a stethoscope and a gauge is attached on both sides. There are several types of aneroid sphygmomanometers like palm aneroid, pocket aneroid, and clock-style aneroid sphygmomanometer.
- It is quite cheap.
- It is light and easy to carry.
- Some of these can be mounted on walls.
- To get accurate readings, it has to be calibrated periodically.
- Only a trained or skilled person can use it correctly.
- It is very delicate and gets easily damaged.
So before choosing which sphygmomanometer to buy, consider where you want to use it, your skill, purpose, etc. Understand your preferences and requirements and buy accordingly.
Features to consider while buying a sphygmomanometer:
It is hard to buy the right sphygmomanometer that can suffice all your needs. But if you consider certain important features while buying, then you will be able to purchase the perfect one for you. Let’s discuss some of the features now.
Accuracy: Check the accuracy provided by the sphygmomanometer. It is the most important feature affecting your purchase. The instrument must be able to provide accurate readings with easy readability from time to time.
Quality: Quality of an instrument is very important. A good quality sphygmomanometer can run a long time without any hassle or issues. One good quality device is better and cheaper than two bad-quality devices.
Self-Research: It is a great way to be able to buy the right and suitable sphygmomanometer. Check the reviews on different products online. Some sites like Amazon.com have plenty of experiences shared by people all over the world. These reviews provide insights about the devices, their pros, cons, and other important features. All these help you to choose the right one that can fulfill all your needs.
Combos: If you have a tight budget and need to buy both stethoscope and sphygmomanometer, then it is better to search for combos. There are many kits available which includes a stethoscope with a sphygmomanometer and comes in a storing case. Buying combos can save you a lot of money. Just check the quality of the stethoscope before buying one.
Latex-free: It is important to buy sphygmomanometer made of latex-free materials. This can save latex intolerant people from any kind of allergies and give everyone an excellent experience.
Your preferences: Understand on what purpose you are going to use it and where. These will help you to choose which type of sphygmomanometer you need to buy. Knowing your preferences well can not only cut down your options to minimum but can also help you to buy an instrument that can suit your personal and professional needs.
Budget: Always stick to your budget no matter what! You don’t want to break your bank for buying a very expensive instrument. It is always better to buy a budget-friendly sphygmomanometer. But you must be cautious about the quality as low prices can offer you low-quality. So, choose the devices in your budget, check their functionality and quality before purchasing it.
Warranty: Don’t forget to check for any warranties available. Calibration or device warranties last for a certain period. But they ensure to repair or re-calibrate it in future if needed. So, one doesn’t have to worry about fixing these and can save a lot of money on replacements.
Some of the best sphygmomanometers:
Several companies manufacture sphygmomanometers. With more than hundreds of options available in the market, the task of choosing one among them is quite hectic and difficult. To make your task a bit easier and less time-consuming, we will now discuss some of the best sphygmomanometers present in the market. Let’s dive in.
1. GreaterGoods Sphygmomanometer Manual Blood Pressure Monitor:
- Echo Dot is a voice-controlled speaker that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, make calls, answer questions, set timers and alarms, and more.
- Play music from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio.
- Call or message family and friends hands-free, or drop in from the Alexa App to your Echo device.
- Controls lights, locks, thermostats, and more with compatible connected devices.
- Use the built-in speaker, or for bigger sound, connect to speakers through Bluetooth or audio cable.
This sphygmomanometer is used for clinical purposes. In this sphygmomanometer, the gauge is attached to the bulb. For a better control, the metal strip allows to keep the handpick in our hands while measuring the blood pressure. This strip also prevents any wobbling or shaking. The dial can be easily read with clarity. The accuracy of the dial is 3 mmHg. This sphygmomanometer comes with a storage case. This case helps to keep the instrument safe and secure while you move around with it and prevent any damage to it. The best thing about this sphygmomanometer from GreaterGoods is its ‘pay it forward’ feature. A small part of the money on every purchase of this instrument goes to the Love146 foundation. This foundation fights against the system of child trafficking and also takes care of the survivors of this inhuman system. So on purchasing this instrument, you will be doing a good social service.
2. Welch Allyn DS45-11 Aneroid Sphygmomanometer:
- Laser-engraved dial face for accuracy
- Gauge rotates 360° for easy viewing and snaps directly into cuff for quick cuff change
- Large inflation bulb and high-quality air-release valve make inflation easy
This sphygmomanometer can be used in hospitals as well as in homes. The dial face is laser engraved to provide a high-quality accurate display which is quick and easy to read. The rotating gauge has a snap integration system that helps it to attach or remove from the cuff during a cuff change. A cuff change is necessary due to the different arm sizes of patients. The gauge also features 360-degree operations which allow it to rotate in the right direction to be read from different angles. This sphygmomanometer comes with a gear-free Dura shock design which enhances its durability and long productivity. The large inflation bulb increases inflation efficiency. To have control over the air pressure levels, a high-quality air-release valve is present. This sphygmomanometer is made from premium latex-free materials to prevent any latex allergies.
3. Prestige Medical 3-in-1 Aneroid Sphygmomanometer Set:
- Features: Latex free, nylon cuff, Index and Range Markings, artery indicator mark
- Features: owner ID label, gauge holder, standard inflation bulb and air release valve, 6"x9" Nylon carry case
- Cuff ranges: pediatric 7.25"-10.5", adult 10"-16", large Adult 13.5"-20"
- Warranty: Lifetime Calibration
It is a sphygmomanometer set consisting of 3 different interchangeable BP cuff sizes to measure the blood pressure from children and adults of different sizes. A special BP cuff for small children is also present. The nylon cuffs are made of latex-free components and have index or range markings to ensure that the cuff is placed properly on the individual’s arm. An I.D. label is present inside each cuff to write the user’s name to prevent any misplacing. The manometer is precisely calibrated and comes with a calibration warranty. So, one doesn’t have to worry about any re-calibration in the future. The heavy-duty vulcanized bladder helps the nylon cuff to remain durable and efficient for a very long time. The inflation bulb is latex-free for a comfortable experience. A valve is present for air release. This sphygmomanometer comes with a carrying case to provide optimum protection and also helps to carry your essentials in it.
4. ADC Diagnostix 700 Pocket Aneroid Sphygmomanometer:
- Chrome-plated precision crafted 300mmHg no-pin stop manometer
- Luminescent dial features bold numerals and extended graduation marks for easy reading in all light conditions and from virtually any angle
- Adcuff nylon cuff with ADC's propietary size guide marking system, prevents mis-cuffing
- Dip molded latex inflation bladder withstands heavy use
- Assembled, inspected, and packaged in the USA from foreign components
This is one of the best sphygmomanometers which can last a few years without any problems or issues. The reason for this long lifespan is the 2-year inflation system warranty and a lifetime calibration warranty which is offered by this sphygmomanometer. So, one doesn’t have to think or worry about getting it damaged and the nuisance to fix it. The manometer of this instrument is Japanese engineered and is tested to 30,000 cycles. The numbers on the dial are crystal clear and can be read easily from any angle under any kind of light. This sphygmomanometer comes with a size guide. This feature prevents one from any mis-cuffing. The latex-free material of this instrument makes it literally perfect for everyone.
5. Welch Allyn Gauge and Multi-cuff kit:
- Shock resistant to maintain accuracy with lower lifetime cost—can withstand up to 30" drop and remain in calibration
- Soft comfort grip
- Jewel movement for long life
- Laser-engraved dial face for accuracy
- Trigger deflation valve for smooth, one-finger operation
It is one of the best premium sphygmomanometer set. This kit includes 4 types of cuff sizes for children and adults. The high-end palm aneroid provides accurate blood pressure measurements by a single person. This kit features an impressive gear-free Dura Shock technology to improve the performance, function, durability, as well as stability of the sphygmomanometer. This feature reduces the chance of expenditure of money on replacement parts. The bladder can be filled, monitored, and released by using only one hand. Thus, your other hand can focus on using a stethoscope or other medical equipment. The display background of the manometer is black with white numbers and a needle to enhance the contrast for easy and quick readability. To enhance the durability of the devices, it features jewel movement technology. It is very light and portable. It features a soft grip and an impressive calibration warranty. Thus, this sphygmomanometer provides an overall wonderful experience. The cuff has index marking and other indicators. The manometer hose has an easy plug and use port. A two-pocket carrying case comes with this kit for safe storage.
6. ADC Diagnostix 703 Palm Style Aneroid Sphygmomanometer:
- Revolutionary palm manometer (#804) with integral latex-free bulb and trigger style air release valve for one-handed convenience
- Precision crafted 300mmhg no-pin stop japanese engineered movement tested to 50,000 cycles, movement housed in a a patented double shell abs impact resistant polymer casing
- Ambidextrour infinite control trigger release air valve, adcuff nylon cuff with adc's proprietary size guide marking system, prevents mis-cuffing
- Dip molded latex inflation bladder withstands heavy use. quick release luer slip connector, complete with leatherette carrying case with self repairing nylon zipper
- Assembled, inspected, and packaged in the usa from foreign componants
It is another great sphygmomanometer which is very user-friendly. It comes with a one-handed trigger style air valve which allows the user to control the speed of air release. It is easy to put together and use. The proprietary size guide marking system allows the best aid while measuring blood pressure. The carrying case features a nylon zipper which is self-repairing. This sphygmomanometer has a Japanese engineered movement.
7. Santamedical Adult Deluxe Aneroid Sphygmomanometer:
- FDA CLEARED - Santa medical Aneroid Sphygmomanometer is FDA Cleared
- QUALITY TESTED – Stress tested thousands of times
- QUICK AND EASY READINGS – Large high Contrast dial to for easy and quick readings
- DEHP Free, Large Air-release valve, It does not come with D-Ring, makes it easier to put it on the yourself as wells as others
- PRECISE - A precise, certified 300 mmHg manometer attains the accuracy of +- 3 mmHg
It is a budget-friendly sphygmomanometer from Santamedical. It is designed specially to be used at home or for starters in the medical field. This instrument gives you consistent reading and thus very convenient and impressive. The cuff of this sphygmomanometer is not only abrasion-resistant but also resistant to certain chemicals and moisture. The material of the inflation bulb of this instrument is nonstick and resistant to cracks. This sphygmomanometer comes with a 1-year warranty which is another plus point.
8. PARAMED Professional Aneroid Sphygmomanometer blood pressure cuff:
- A complete blood pressure kit: the Paramed handheld kit will arrive full, accompanied by a quality stethoscope. Everything will be neatly packed in a nylon carrying case
- A blood pressure monitor for life: Paramed manual bp cuff is equipped with pin stop movement, along with an extended universal blood pressure cuff, made of high quality pvc and polyester (latex free)
- Accurate and precise: Designed to deliver clinical accuracy, with its metal gauge made of zinc alloy, along with the stethoscope, rest assured that you will be getting accurate and precise measurements
- Easy to use: The sphygmomanometers has large contrasting figures on the monitor and makes it suitable for older people or people with low vision. Air release valve can be operated using only your thumb
- A trustworthy medical tool: Portable and lightweight, it can be carried without causing any discomfort, so that you can take it with you while traveling, at work, at home, everywhere!
It is a very popular sphygmomanometer that is known for its reliability. This sphygmomanometer can fulfill all your requirements and leave you fully satisfied with its functions. It is super light and can easily be carried to places without any hassle. It is perfect for people learning to measure blood pressure. It can be used at home or for professional use. The universal cuff comes with high-quality Velcro closure to provide accurate measurements. This cuff fits perfectly. The hypoallergenic feature of this instrument prevents any kind of allergic reactions to latex. The dial can be adjusted back to zero with the help of a small key. A carry pouch comes along with this sphygmomanometer purchase. It also has 30-days money-back guarantee for any dispute, failure, or dissatisfaction. The customer service of this brand is very fast to respond to any questions or issues.
9. Prestige Medical Aneroid Sphygmomanometer:
- Economical adult-sized aneroid sphygmomanometer.
- Latex free, nylon cuff, Index and Range Markings, artery indicator mark, owner ID label, gauge holder, standard inflation bulb and air release valve
- Cuff Range: 10"-16"
- Country of origin is China
It is a well-designed pressure monitor which is available in several colors and design patterns that can accommodate both men and women users. The cuff is made of nylon and has index and range markings along with an artery indicator marking to provide accurate measurements. An I.D. label is present on the back of the cuff where the user can write his/her name to prevent confusion with someone else’s instrument. This sphygmomanometer is available for both adult and thigh size options. The display gauge has an easy to read white background and the numbers are in black to allow efficient and fast readings. The dial is black in color for the best possible contrast and optimum readability. The bladder is made of latex-free components to provide a safe experience for allergy-sensitive individuals. For air pressure management, an easy release pressure valve is present. A nice color-coordinated carrying case comes with this sphygmomanometer to provide protection and easy handling.
10. Elite Medical Instruments Aneroid Sphygmomanometer:
- Brand: Elite Medical Instruments
- Sprague Rappaport Stethoscope and Manual Blood Pressure Monitor with carrying case
- FDA reviewed and approved for OTC Use
- BP cuff Size: Regular Adult 25cm to 40 cm
- Latex Free Stethoscope and Blood Pressure Sphygmomanometer
It is one of the best sphygmomanometers which is affordable. A precision-crafted manometer is present for accuracy. It comes with a gauge holder too. A 2-tube adult bladder with a large air release valve is present to control the airflow efficiently. The cuff is made of durable nylon material and also has markings and indicators which allow easy adjustments during blood pressure assessment of an individual. There are separate gauge and bulb tubes to transfer the airflow into the gauge through the bladder for quick, easy, and impressive accurate readings. A standard dual head Sprague Rapapport stethoscope comes with this sphygmomanometer to listen to anatomical sounds properly. A matching storage case is also included with this bundle to keep the instruments safe, secure, and clean.
Sphygmomanometers are extremely important instruments that help to monitor and evaluate the blood pressure of an individual. You can no way escape to not choose doing this purchase. We have provided all the necessary information about sphygmomanometers. We know that there are hundreds of different sphygmomanometers being sold in the market. So, choosing which one to buy can be a bit stressful as well as time-consuming. To make this task easy and convenient, here, we have prepared a list of some of the best sphygmomanometers available in the market at present is also given with their pros and cons. From this list you can choose the one which suits you the best. So, hope you will make the best choice. Make sure that you take a note of all your requirements properly and do not forget to compare the prices well before you take a decision and pick up a product.